Saturday 13 October 2012

Pumpkin



Kudu (the Kurdsih word for pumpkin)

I've never really eaten pumpkin. I see it sold in the shops every year for halloween, I watch people make lanterns out of it by carefully scooping the flesh and carving out a smiley face. But I've never had the urge to actually go out and buy one and cook it. May be because they are so huge.

The impression of pumpkin that I get is that it is quite a meaty, heavy type of squash vegetable; good for roasting or making into creamy soups. This version is incredibily light and refreshing. The pumpkin is boiled in water, with a little sugar until soft. After chilling in the fridge, it is best eaten with a touch of extra sugar sprinkled ontop. It's great as a post-dinner evening snack when all the family or friends are all gathered together.

No comments:

Post a Comment