Tuesday 2 October 2012

Salmon



Mmmmm....

Salmon is so good! I had Ghadah's version of salmon yesterday. An oven-baked tray of fresh salmon fillets, cooked over a layer of shallow-fried potatoes, and topped with a white lemon sauce.

It's not often that I eat salmon. In my opinion, sashami is one of the best ways to eat fresh salmon...RAW, but dipped in soy sauce with a hint of wasabi. However, the salmon around here is not that fresh, so I guess I can make do with smoked salmon every so often.

I remember that when I was younger, we would buy a whole salmon when it was on offer. My parents would cut it up into salmon steaks and freeze it. My mum would pan-fry a couple of them and make a tomato or soy sauce to go on top, and that would be one dish for dinner. 

Can't remember the last time that we had that.

No comments:

Post a Comment