Thursday 1 November 2012

Biriyani



Birianyi. Biryani. Beryani. Buriyani. Biriyani.
So many different spellings, so many different ways of cooking it.
But, in essence, it's the same thing; spiced rice with meat.

For me, it's still a relatively new thing. I'm used to eating the classic Chinese fried rice, which I think is pretty similar...without the spice and of course with soy sauce (this is the key ingredient that makes any normal dish Chinese).

I remember back to the ARKH open day, quite a few years back. We had biriyani,...a huge pot of it. I think that Nahkshin had made it, and possibly Qania. I can't remember, it was that long ago. But, it was amazing...not just in the taste, but also in the quantity. It could have fed hundreds! Unsurprisingly, it was all eaten. It's always a pretty popular one-pot dish. It was exactly 6 years today that I started working at ARKH; my life changed forever. I started working in the real world. Thinking back, I didn't know anything. Nothing. I still don't know a lot. Over time, ARKH kind of became my home for a few years. It was amazing. I will never encounter a place like that, and the people there. It's not something that I will forget easily. I flicked through my photos from the past few years and realised all the things that I've done, all the people that I've met. Honestly, even I couldn't believe the random things and places that I've been and done. 
Thank God for giving me the opportunity to be in such a learning place. Thank you God for teaching me compassion, love and understanding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment